Juanjo Galan Vivas
- Supervision, current
- Supervision, former
- Research outputs
Research units & titles
- Department of Architecture - Other part-time teaching
Artistic and research interests
Juanjo Galan is an Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture at the Department of Architecture, Aalto University. Galan’s research focuses on Landscape Planning, Landscape Design, Sustainable Development, Regional & Urban Planning and, on a more general level, on the intersections between social and ecological systems.
MAIN INTERESTS AND RESEARCH FIELDS:
- Methodologies in landscape design
LANDSCAPE & URBAN PLANNING:
- Sustainability and Urban Planning
- Green urban systems.
- Ecologic principles in regional and local landscape interventions.
- Transformation of derelict or damaged sites
LANDSCAPE AND SUSTAINABLE REGIONAL PLANNING:
- Landscape Planning and Landscape Visual assessment.
- Methodologies for the use of Landscape inputs in Regional Planning.
- Regional Green Infrastructures as a planning and landscape tool.
- Public Participation in Landscape and territorial Planning (regional or local).
- Management and public use of Natural Areas and Green urban areas.
- Regional Sustainability and Regional Metabolisms
- Landscape Design;, Landscape Management;, Landscape Characterization, Landscape Assessment, Green infrastructure, Landscape Architecture