- Apulaisprofessori Matematiikan ja systeemianalyysin laitos - Professorit, tenure track
My research involves the topics of analytics and operations research, in particular predictive/ prescriptive analytics, optimisation, and mathematical programming, applied to supply chain management and production planning. Its main focus is the development of decision support frameworks based on optimisation under uncertainty that can be used for improving decision making in real-world problems.
Ares of interest:
- Renewable energy production and infrastructure expansion planning;
- Healthcare sector;
- Humanitarian logistics;
- Oil and gas production.
Topics of interest:
- Applications of mathematical programming to real-world problems;
- Stochastic programming and robust optimization;
- Decomposition methods and parallelization.
Koulutus / tieteellinen pätevyys
Tekn. toht., muu tai tuntematon tekniikka, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio De Janeiro